How to get an Italian student visa
If you need a student visa, the application can be made at the Italian Diplomatic and Consular Representations in your country of residence.
What you require to apply for a student visa in the consulate
Here is a list of required documents, but you should always check with your Consulate because documents can change.
1. visa application form
2. recent passport-style photo
3. passport or travel document valid for at least three months after visa expiry date
4. proof of enrolment or pre-enrolment in course of study, indicating number of hours daily study and duration of course
5. documentation of educational history in country of origin
6. proof of available means of support for the stay in Italy of an amount not less than that established in Table A annexed to Ministry of Interior Directive
7. declaration of the availability in Italy of appropriate lodgings as well as the funds necessary for repatriation, possibly to be demonstrated in the form of a return airline ticket
8. insurance coverage for medical treatment and/or hospitalisation, to be demonstrated by means of:
- Consular declaration attesting to the applicant’s right to healthcare in the presence of specific agreements between Italy and the applicant’s country of origin
- foreign insurance policy or one underwritten with Italian bodies or firms that must not include limitations or exception to the fees established for emergency hospitalisation.
Can everybody get a student visa?
Presentation of the documentation requested does not necessarily ensure issuance of the visa. If you’d like us to check your situation, please contact us.
How to get the documents from the school
If a student wants to get a visa, he/she must enrol to a 20 hour per week course (that means Academic Year, Semester course, Intensive 80).
Passepartout will issue the documents in order to get a visa after receiving:
- a copy of the passport
- the application form
- the payment of the total amount
If you would like the complete procedure, contact us and we’ll be happy to provide it to you.
Certificate of registration and other documents concerning the course will be issued within 24 hours. The documents will be sent immediately after by pdf for double checking.
What shall I do when I arrive in Italy with my student visa?
When you arrive in Italy you have to request a “Permesso di soggiorno” (permission to stay) or the issuance of a “Dichiarazione di presenza” (statement of presence) within 8 days.
As for the course, students are supposed to attend at least 75 % of the course.